Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cambridge Classic Mile

 My daughter participated in the Cambridge Classic Mile yesterday. She was very excited and told me all the things we tell our kids when they are going into a sporting event. Winning doesn't matter, just doing it is awesome (she added in that she was using energy so that was important).

She ran the 4 laps that were needed, and she ran the whole 4 laps without walking any of it. That made me proud, she ran it and gave it her heart and gave it her best. That was my only condition for her. Do her best.

Walking if that was her best, would have been enough. I watched her give it and push through. When did she walk? Through the finish line!


What is next for her? I'm going to start running with her, so she can keep up her running. I won't be able to keep up with her at all. I will learn I guess!

We will be back in the race next year that is for sure!

No comments: