Monday, April 02, 2012

KW Symphony Prog Rock


I was lucky enough to attend the KW Symphony on Friday night to hear and watch them with a special series Prog Rock



Here is how they describe the night

“A sound associated with bands like Pink Floyd, Genesis, and Jethro Tull, Prog Rock explores extended musical structures, intricate patterns and textures, and often esoteric subject matter — giving it a place beyond pop and beside modern greats like Stravinsky and Bartók. Hear a brand new piece for orchestra and a Rush-style Power Trio by acclaimed Canadian composer Nicole Lizée: music that bridges the gaps between old and new, acoustic and electronic, classical and rock.”



I love the symphony, I love everything about listening to what these people can do with their instruments. My husband joined me and he enjoyed it a lot too. I do plan to do more of these nights. He enjoyed this particular one more than I did. It was harder than I enjoyed and the pieces that they played really did fit into what they were going for. Heavy Metal Rock. I’m not a fan of the Rock music so I’m not surprised that I wasn’t a huge fan of what they came up with.

Now nothing says that they weren’t great at how they played. My husband who is a Heavy Metal fan absolutely loved the show and would go back again. They did something right!


I’m very thankful for them as I won the tickets on a twitter contest. Because of that though, I can see us participating in more of their shows! I just have a feeling that next one will be something that I would enjoy more musically. Either way, a great time was had and I enjoyed watching and listening to hear all the different instruments.



No comments: