Monday, January 09, 2012

December Wrap up

In December of 2011, I made the resolution for 2012. I started December off with a bang to make 2012 even more exciting!
I do want to note - I'm not paid to promote any of these locations. I've picked each location out of winning the tickets or deciding it was the best date for the event.

Nutcracker at the Sanderson Centre (http://www.sandersoncentre.ca)
I do enjoy visiting the Sanderson Centre. I chose this location for the nutcracker because of the great location (Downtown Brantford is easy to get to as well as great parking) as well as knowing the layout of the theatre, I knew I couldn't go wrong with any seat we chose!
I have never seen the nutcracker in full before, I have seen many shorts of it and knew a few songs quite well. I had never been to the Ballet prior to this either.
I enjoyed it so much, the sets, the dancing as well as the acting. I understood what was being explained through dance and facial features as they don't speak!

Unslient night - (http://unsilentnight.com/)
We were lucky that this year the weather was amazing for the walk around downtown Cambridge (www.cambridge.ca). They had some amazing light shows and displays that made all of us really enjoy the walk around.
This description of Unsilent night comes direct from the website "Unsilent Night is an original composition by Phil Kline, written specifically to be heard outdoors in the month of December. It takes the form of a street promenade in which the audience becomes the performer. Each participant gets one of four tracks of music in the form of a cassette, CD, or Mp3. Together all four tracks comprise Unsilent Night. The fact that the participants play different "parts" simultaneously helps create the special sound of the piece. Participants carry boomboxes, or anything that amplifies music, and simultaneously start playing the music. They then walk a carefully chosen route through their city’s streets, creating a unique mobile sound sculpture which is different from every listener's perspective."
It really was a night to remember, and it was highly recommended to do again and again!




Disney On Ice / 100 years of Magic - (http://disney.go.com/disneyonice/100yearsofmagic/index.html)
It was here that I realized I love to see the people act as much as the story. Amazed at what these athletes can do on skates as well as how the sets make a difference in what we see and feel. I also love to see the look on my 6 year olds face when she sees this type of entertainment for the first time.
This On Ice took us through the most well known stories from Disney - Aladdin, It's a Small World and the Lion King to name only a couple. The top characters were there - Mickey and Minnie as well as Goofy and Donald! This is the one show that was requested to do every year. I'm sure we can make it happen!




January is going to be an exciting month!

I'm not much of a writer or a blogger, this is my first step into it. Let me know if you have questions about the shows and I will be more than happy to answer them!

No comments: