Friday, January 13, 2012

Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella

@evilflu - www.twitter.com/evilflu or http://www.evilflu.com/ put a request on Twitter if anyone wanted her other ticket to Cinderella in London Ontario at the Grand Theatre. (http://www.grandtheatre.com/index.php/mainstage-theatre/2011-12-mainstage-season/cinderella/)


I jumped at the chance seeing it is my resolution and everything!I drove down on a Thursday night - January 5th to London Ontario to meet Nikki and to see the show that didn't dissappoint.  I was not disappointed! There was more kissing than the Disney version but that is ok too!

Getting into the Grand Theatre, I loved the set up and realized how none of the seats are a bad seat in the house! I would like to do a balcony seat next time. The people in them seemed to really enjoy the view they had!



As much as I loved the singing / acting from the amazing people on stage - I loved the sets and the design as much. Just like when I went to Disney On Ice, I wasn't dissappointed with how the sets make the show.

The actors help the sets do their jobs and vice versa. They worked seemlessly together. I am a product of a TV environment. The fact that, while watching, I don't notice It isn't a TV screen to me is perfection.

Maybe as I become more of a theatre buff (ok I doubt that) that my expections might raise. I enjoy the feeling of the theatre, being there and seeing live people do things that make them happy. Not only are they happy doing it - they are great at what they do.

Would I recommend it? Yes, as well as I'm sure Nikki @evilflu would recommend it also.
Would I see it again? I don't think I would be able to see it in the same venue again, I do plan to make the Grand Theatre a regular place to check out their shows from now on. If this Cinderella did come back to a location close to me, I would buy a couple more tickets for sure!

No comments: